I’ve always thought planning a new year, making new year resolutions and setting goals is a fun and strategic thing to do. But today I thought “Why only make plans for something you’re going to wait for doing, when there are things you can do right away?”.
So here are some tips & tricks you can do before the year of 2017 ends (Yikes!):
- Declutter: What better way to start off the new year than with a clean and organized space? Then you get an even better and expanded feeling of starting fresh! Throw out things you don’t need, old things you never use and have fun organizing!
Some inspiration from weheartit to make you wanna clean and keep it tidy 🙂
- Do something you wanted to do this year, but never got to. Hey! There’s still some time left to achieve this year’s resolutions. When the semester is over, why not take the time as soon as your last test is done? Create that vision board, read that book or take that road trip you always wanted to happen!
- Already start preparing for the next semester! Now you might be like “Whoah whoah – already? But I’m not even finished with THIS semester!”. Here’s the thing: It’s a 1000 times less stressful reading for new classes when you know there’s no exams or deadlines in the near future. It might be a bit “boring” when you’re supposed to take some time off, but it will save you for SO much stress later in the semester. Besides, you can make it cozy & chill! No need for die hard studying in the holidays when there’s five months left until your next test…Some study tips I wrote in my planner early this semster. 🙂
- Get into a workout & meditation routine. It might be good to already start developing some healthy habits in this type of the holiday season… Start slow – and then it will become easier to get into a routine in the next year! Oh, and if you haven’t tried out meditation before: Why not test it out before the new year?
- Show some extra love for friends & family. They are an important part of your life and should feel appreciated ❤ Make the end of their year a little bit better. 😉
- Reflect over 2017. What was the highlights? What can I improve next year? What do I want to change? What made me truly happy that I wish more of? I don’t think it’s a bad idea to maybe write a page or two on this in a journal or on your computer/phone – just feelings and thoughts you have regarding this year.These last days has mostly consisted of studying my butt off… 🙂 Cheers to December!
Thinking about doing some of these tips? Do you have any tips for me? ❤️
Happy holidays, guys! xx